Private Money Lending from Yolo County Realty
A plain-dealing, straightforward way to borrow money
What our clients are saying
How it Works
- Submit loan application and purchase contract
- Schedule property inspection through YCR staff
- YCR broker reviews file, approves loan terms and prepares documents
- Submit downpayment to the title company and sign loan documents
- Loan is funded. The purchase is closed within three business days
Lending to Northern Californians for more than 50 years
We are private money lenders that can quickly get you through the lending process and on your way to property ownership. We work with residential, commercial and agricultural properties. We know each of our investors personally. Our investors are members of many local communities in the Northern California region, which means the interest you pay on your loan is filtered back into the region in which we all live and work.
Ken Carter, as owner and broker, sets loan terms and makes all approval decisions in-house, giving Yolo County Realty the ability to take on unique loans and devise a plan for the borrower. We have the ability to quickly review, approve, and close a deal because we utilize the expertise of our in-house staff for property walk-throughs and loan term approval. No offsite underwriting staff is utilized, which means no surprises for you.
Our process is very straightforward. Please complete the loan application form on this page and submit to us. Or if you prefer, we can complete your loan application over the phone. If necessary, we can also help you create a loan exit strategy to improve your credit, allowing you to eventually qualify for a conventional loan.
When is borrowing private money your best choice?
- Bad credit. We assist borrowers with bad credit who cannot qualify for conventional financing, but have enough cash to make a 20% down payment.
- Real estate “flip” projects. We assist borrowers with the planning and budgeting of flip projects and providing loans and expert advice through our in-house neighborhood revitalization specialist.
- Divorce. We can assist with a loan when circumstances around divorce prevent a borrower from securing a loan.
- Bankruptcy. We can assist with a loan when circumstances around bankruptcy prevent a borrower from securing a loan.
- Non-conforming properties. When the property you want doesn’t conform to traditional lending standards, we can help.
- Urgent need. We assist borrowers who waited for conventional financing and were denied with too little time left before the escrow period expires.
- No social security number. We lend money to immigrants that are unable to secure a loan due to not having a social security number.
- Typical Loan Terms
- Lending terms: 6 mo. – 6 years
- Loan amounts: $50,000 – $5,000,000
- Loan Origination Fees vary from 4 – 6%. Interest rates vary from 8 – 11%
- Our loans are interest only
How quickly can you close?
- We have the ability to close a loan in 5-7 days.
What documentation is required?
- We need a completed loan application and a copy of your ID – we may check your credit to verify the information submitted on the application is accurate, however we will not deny an application due to credit status.
- Yolo County Realty, Inc. has provided these loan and mortgage calculators to you as a self-help tool for your independent use. We do not guarantee the accuracy of the calculations or assure the applicability of the calculations to your circumstances. Actual loan payment amounts are affected by many circumstances outside of Yolo County Realty, Inc.’s control. Loan and mortgage calculators are not intended to provide investment, legal, tax, or accounting advice. You may wish to consult your financial institution or financial advisor for additional information and advice.